Friday, November 12, 2010

Lack of Motivation

In my experience with this internship, I feel a sense of lack of motivation in furthering my participation with this community adult chapter of the NAACP. I feel as though everyone has their hands out for financial support but there aren’t tangible benefits for people my age. I sense that there is a lack of organization and substance. The meetings are entertaining but what business and results are we seeking? Are the right people in the right places and positions of the organization? I feel that community sections should offer scholarships, leadership training, money management, and etc to already college students. I feel that there is a gap and that everyone is concerned with their own well being and trying to compete with other branches. I can understand why the community isn’t necessarily supporting the local NAACP. The only program is the Backpak Drive that takes place every July for children of the South Phoenix Community. The youth council is very productive because they have a state representative’s wife pretty much running the show and having her daughter step in as the President of the youth council. So that doesn’t really count. I wish the college chapters have more hands on coaching.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the lack of communication or motivation can lead to quite a bit of frustration. Are there any outlets within the organization to air issues and potential solutions to the administration side of the organization?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes but its a waste of time, breath, and energy. I have already voiced my concerns but maybe it is just the culture of the organization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the organization is looking for a leader to take the reigns. An organization is only as effective as its leaders. The leader creates the organizational culture, which pretty much effects all employees at all levels. Your calling?

    ReplyDelete