Friday, December 10, 2010

Career Services Tempe Campus Appointment

I went to visit the career services during their “drop in” hours just to ask some questions regarding CV and resume, where to look for jobs, and what jobs I could get with my majors. The guy that I met with was very helpful even under the circumstances. I checked the website to see when their drop in hours was and I went during the time that was stated on the website. The receptionist told me that they didn’t have any…I was upset because I drove all the way from Surprise! I explained that to her and they were able to work something out. So I was appreciative of that. Anyway back to the guy that saw me. He gave me some great pointers and looked over my resume. He told me the difference between a CV and a resume…so for my upcoming jobs and graduate school applications I will submit a resume. I am thinking that I will submit the chronological resume since that is the one that recent graduates use. As far as great places to look for jobs he suggested that I do research on whatever field that I was interested in and focus on those companies. He also recommended Sundevil career link. I told him that I would probably move to Birmingham, AL and he suggested Hoover.com database and access it through asu library since ASU pays a subscription to it. The last thing that he suggested was identifying what exactly I wanted to do and not focus on what I can do with my majors. He was really helpful, wish I could remember his name….

No comments:

Post a Comment