Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Leadership within the Maricopa Co NAACP

In my opinion, the leadership in the Maricopa Co branch of the NAACP has lacked substance. I think that they are all good people and perhaps leaders but I haven’t seen any changes or accomplishments from the executive board that has been repeatedly elected. I did receive a letter in the mail announcing the new board members. For the most part the same people were elected but some in different positions. There was one difference and I hope she can make a difference. Perhaps, the same people get elected because you do have to have a lifetime membership before being on the board. It cost nearly $500. So money could be an issue or people just don’t care about this organization. The organization isn’t what it use to be. Leaders are just there for the fame and not performing their duties. I think that the culture has to change in order to make change in the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment