Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Arizona State Collge Chapters NAACP Meetings

As I have stated. That I was helping with creating an umbrella organization for all the college NAACP chapters in the Phoenix area. It started off well. Since our inception, we had 2 meetings. This idea was brought up by the NAACP College Chapter Advisor. I would have liked to see this project launch. Unfortunately people just bite off more than they can chew. I think for future references we have the meetings setup so that if the national college advisor isn’t present then the meetings can still go on. I thought the meetings that took place were successful. It had substance, it was organized, it brought people together, and we learned things about the national organization and current events. I was really pumped about interning for the NAACP Maricopa Co/ MCC Branch but I feel as though there needs to be some type of structure. I mentioned in an earlier blog about passing the torch. In this case it makes me wonder if people just want to stay in control.
Next semester, I hope that we can continue this project because it has good intentions. Unfortunately, after this semester I have no idea if I will continue to be an active member.

No comments:

Post a Comment